The Complete Urban Sketching Companion - Essential Concepts and Techniques from the Urban Sketching Handbooks--Architecture and Cityscapes, Understanding Perspective, People and Motion, Working with Color
Draw the exciting elements of your world with confidence using the tips, techniques, and ideas in The Complete Urban Sketching Companion. Packed with information and visual inspiration on sketching architecture, cityscapes, people, and motion, plus lessons on perspective and adding color, this collection will have you filling sketchbook after sketchbook with compelling artwork.
The popularity of the urban sketching movement has grown worldwide, and it's easy to see why. Sketching on the go is exciting, rewarding, and creatively satisfying. With so many choices of what to sketch and how to sketch it, you need a companion to offer valuable insights, enlightening tips, and tons of ideas and inspiration. The Complete Urban Sketching Companion is that helpful guide to take along on your next overseas adventure, or to your favorite caf around the corner.
This book includes key drawing techniques and strategies from four books in the Urban Sketching Handbook series: Understanding Perspective, Working with Color, Architecture and Cityscapes, and People and Motion. Learn how to draw unique buildings, urban landscapes, and lively street scenes, incorporating interesting elements and striking color and lighting. Get tips on sketching with accurate perspective with easy methods and great examples to guide you along. Discover ways to capture motion, whether it's a group of dancers or commuters on the move. Become confident in adding color to artwork by learning about different mediums and color mixing techniques.
In The Complete Urban Sketching Companion you'll also find:
- Simple tools and materials to get started
- Ways to build a well-composed scene
- Techniques for drawing urban environments to scale
- How to construct a sketch in layers
- Tips for rendering different types of perspective
- Strategies for creating dramatic shadows
- How to include a range of color values to create depth
- Ideas for interpreting movement and gesture
- Methods for drawing individuals and crowds
- : 9781631599330
- : Quarto Publishing Group USA
- : Quarry Books
- : August 2020
- : --- length: - '20.3' width: - '12.7' units: - Centimeters
- : books
- : Paperback
- : 256